OCI Meeting of Monday, August 15, 2011
Attendees: Russ Barwick, Nancy Seitz, Rick Broberg
The following was discussed:
1. Russ discussed the status of financials and the reserve account. In particular, the reserve is down due to delay of special assessment monies but is expected to be corrected in September or October. Basically, reserve moneys were used to pay for roof upgrades and will be replenished when special assessments are received.
2. Russ indicated that financial statements have been delayed due to changing banks. This should be corrected the end of August.
3. Russ indicated that there are about five homeowners delinquent in the special assessments or regular monthly assessment. Rick questioned as to what late charges can be assessed. Russ indicated that we are limited in this action but will investigate as to whether additional late charges can be incorporated by board action. If so, appropriate warning time will be provided to homeowners.
4. Russ indicated that emergency repairs due to leakage are down but there are unexpected additional siding expenses associated with roof upgrades. Overall, we are ahead in these areas.
5. Russ indicated that roof work has been slow over the summer due to only one crew working and difficulty in scheduling homes during the busy season. Nancy offered her home for upgrade in workers hit a work stoppage.
6. Nancy and Rick indicated that the area looked good. The need to repair a few potholes and fix a light in the pool were discussed.
7. Nancy and Rick discussed some problems with summer visitors. These included incorrectly putting garbage at curb, excessive cars at homes, excessive people in homes and kids driving golf carts. Nancy provided a picture of one houses with five cars from renters and provided second hand information of one home with over 20 rental visitors.
8. All agreed that a homeowner newsletter should be generated in November. All items above should be included.
Oystercatcher Island Villas Owners Association, Inc.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Pursuant to call, a Special Meeting of Oystercatcher Island Villas Owners Association, Inc. was held on Friday, April 8, 2011, commencing at 2:00 o’clock PM at the Waccamaw Management Boardroom located at 41 Maintenance Drive located in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, 29585.
Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC, Managing Agent for the Association, was represented by Russ Barwick, Community Association Manager, and Julie Davenport, Community Specialist.
Mitch Bistyga, President of Oystercatcher Island Villas Owners Association, Inc., served as Chairman of the Meeting.
A Special Meeting was called to tabulate votes for the proposed special assessment for the Oystercatcher Island Villas roof project in accordance with Article V, Section 4 of the Association’s Declaration of Covenants.
A quorum was established with 64.44%. Of the 32 proxies received, 29 voted in favor of the proposed Special Assessment for the roof project and 3 were opposed. The resulting vote tally was met with 29, (90.62%) in favor and 3 opposed, (.093%) of the votes for the special assessment.
Notice of Special Meeting, proxy, and tally sheet will become part of the official records of the meeting.
There being no further business to come before the Meeting, motioned, seconded and approved with no objection, adjourned the meeting at 2:15 o’clock PM.
Richard Broberg, Secretary
OYSTERCATCHER ISLAND VILLAS OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
February 9, 2012
Pursuant to call, a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of Oystercatcher Island Villas Owners Association, Inc. was held on Thursday, February 9, 2012, at Waccamaw Management, Pawleys Island, SC.
The following Board Members were in attendance for the meeting:
The following Board Members unable to attend meeting:
Attending for Waccamaw Management, LLC, AAMC (Managing Agent) were:
Russ Barwick, Community Association Manager
Julie Davenport, Community Specialist
Richard Broberg, Board President, served as Chairman for the meeting. Julie Davenport, Community Specialist, served as Secretary for the meeting.
A quorum was not established.
A Homeowner would like to install a hot tub. The Board will have Homeowner sign a waiver stating that owner is responsible for repairs if structural problems are incurred.
According to Article V Section 12 of the Master Deed late fees are assessed 1 ½ % per month.
The pool needs a new pool liner and the pool deck needs repaired. Current estimates for repairs are between $12,000 and $15,000. The repairs are cosmetic and will be postponed until next year.
Two of the unit’s new decks were pieced together with multi colored decking pieces. The deck contractor will replace the decks.
Structural repairs were $80,000 last year and always over budget. Interior maintenance issues are under the line item General and Materials.
Painting is on hold for financial reasons. The monies for painting come out of general Restricted Reserves. Nine units were to be painted this year but because of money spent on rotten wood have not painted. Some units will be painted this year but not nine.
Newsletter will be emailed to Homeowners’ and mailed to those without email addresses. (Exhibit A)
The Annual Meeting is to be held on May 19th and with one position available.
The landscaping contract is year to year and same amount as last year.
The insurance renewal is coming up. All the renewals near ocean have increased 7 to 8%.
Slow down roof project in summer months to begin funding Restricted Reserves which should increase the reserves by $10,000 per month. Painting each unit is about $2,000 per unit. The Managing agent will ask President before painting to see if enough in restricted reserves.
With no further business to be brought before the Board, and with a motion made and seconded by, the meeting was adjourned.
Richard Broberg, President